Carradale Surgery Patients - Coronovirus
In light of the currently evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, Carradale Surgery is taking preventative measures to help protect our community. We would ask that everyone understands and appreciates our reasons for implementing the following measures; we have the best interests of our entire community in mind and are keen to minimise the risk of infection to as many patients as possible. We are encouraging contact by way of telephone (01583 431376) or email (email@example.com).
In order to minimise the spread of the virus, we are triaging all requests for appointments. and encouraging patients to engage in telephone consultations for the time being, rather than attending the surgery for ‘face-to-face’ appointments. If the clinician then decides it is necessary for you to be seen in clinic, this will be arranged for you. Our main entrance is locked, allowing entry only to attend essential appointments, thus limiting the number of patients in our waiting room at one time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable), call (01583 431376) or post through the letterbox at the left-hand side of the building.
Please collect your medication 48 hours after ordering and between the hours of 2:00 pm and 4:30pm. Ring the doorbell and follow the instructions on the door.
Please use Hand Gel when entering and exiting the building.
Local Help Information:
There are a large number of volunteers who are assisting the community with shopping, befriending and help at this time. A local Facebook page Covid-19 Support:Carradale and East Kintyre Community Council Area has been set up. If you are not on Facebook or wish to find out more please email email@example.com or contact the following phone numbers to get you to our “points of contact” who may be able to assist you at this time:
Catriona Trott (01583 431115
Malcolm Trott (07801416134)
Elaine Batchelor (01583 431533)
Websites/ Facebook Pages providing useful information and local contacts are:
NHS Inform Scotland
Carradale Covid-19 Support Group
Kintyre Community Resilience Group
Argyll & Bute Caring for People Helpline
Coronavirus MAKI Community Contacts
National Help Numbers:
- Self Isolation Notes: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
- Coronavirus general helpline: 0800 028 2816
- New Government Support Line has been set up to help those who are vulnerable. The service is aimed at people who are older, disabled, are pregnant, or who received a flu jab for health reasons. It will connect them to local services which can help provide food and medicine as well as emotional support. The phone number is 0800 111 4000
If you don't have symptoms and are looking for general advice.
- Helpline for elderly people: 0800 12 44 222
Call Age Scotland for coronavirus advice, help, or simply a friendly voice of support.
- Business Support Helpline: 0300 303 0660
Call the Scottish Government's official helpline for businesses for all questions related to Coronavirus financial support and essential advice.
- Mental Health Helpline: 0800 83 85 87
Call Breathing Space Scotland for listening, advice and information for people in Scotland feeling low, stressed or anxious.
- Employers' Helpline: 0800 019 2211
Call Healthy Working Lives for practical workplace advice on health, safety and wellbeing information.
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing Helpline: 0300 123 2523
Call LGBT Helpline Scotland for information and emotional support, or simply a friendly voice.
- Parent's Helpline: 08000 282233
Call Parentline Scotland for tips, advice and support for parents/guardians, or if you simply need to talk.
- Housing Helpline: 0808 800 4444
Call Shelter Scotland for advice and answers on homelessness, evictions, housing benefit, repairs and more.
- Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 027 1234
Call the Domestic Violence Helpline for confidential support from highly trained female advisers.
- Rape Crisis Scotland Helpline: 08088 01 03 02
Call Rape Crisis Scotland for confidential support, advice and information. It is for anyone, women and men, affected by sexual violence, no matter when or how it happened.
- Parent Club - covering health information, advice on how to talk about Coronavirus and ideas on helping children through this time: https://www.parentclub.scot/